Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I Hear You Sing Your Song In the Next Room.....

Hi Everyone...

To start my blogging, I figured I'd share what is most important to me in life....Music! I love singer/songwriters. These are the ones I proclaim as my favorites.

If you haven't given this music a chance to change your life, you are missing out.

Patty Griffin-"We just want a little bit of sun for ourselves, a little bit of rain to make it all grow and maybe a minute or two to get lost in the glow of love..." My absolute favorite artist of all time. Every single song she has written is amazing. Her voice is so perfect.  The lyrics in her songs will change your life, and you will never be the same after hearing them.  If you've heard her CD's you know what I am talking about, but if you have been to a live concert of hers, than you feel what I am feeling.

James Taylor-"Ain't no doubt in no one's mind that love's the finest thing around..." How can you not LOVE him?? He's another unexplainable talent that effortlessly takes my breath away every time I hear his voice. His songwriting has inspired so many of my favorites to write their beautiful lyrics. Just his guitar and his perfect voice should help make your life a little better.

Counting Crows/Adam Duritz-"If you've never stared off into the distance, then your life is a shame..."  His songwriting seems so impossible. The combination of the lyrics and the melodies in his songs basically make the greatest music ever created. I literally can be in a horrible mood, and turn on one of their CD's and instantly feel that everything is going to be ok.

Brandi Carlile-"I have to say that I am proud to know you...and I'll never be the same because we met..."  Okay, she has one of the best voices I've ever heard. I saw her live and she is so amazing.  She's a singer/songwriter with an incredible talent.  She is so inspiring.  Her concert was so intimate and personal and just a priceless experience.  You don't have to like a certain kind of music to enjoy her melodies...no matter what, she will be sweet music to your ears!

Ryan Adams-"If we're only scared of losing it, how will it last..."  Another extremely gifted artist.  Sometimes I find myself listening to him in my car alone and thinking to myself that it has to be almost impossible to create music like this.  It's more than music, it's a feeling...a feeling of inspiration, shit, I don't know....it's just the greatest feeling ever....and I get it when I listen to his creations.  His voice is probably the sexiest voice I've ever heard...and so infectious!

Dixie Chicks-"in search of all things beautiful..."  Now, don't judge this one. I don't care about their political views or their fan base. Their music is pure harmony. Their last CD is the best one yet. They wrote every song on the album, and they truly have a musical talent that everyone should respect! Their documentary "Shut up and Sing" will truly move you, especially if you are already a fan. And if you aren't yet a fan, please buy their CD "Taking the Long Way," take out the lyric book, pop in the CD, and follow along with the lyrics....then you will understand.

Gregory Alan Isakov....."we were as free as we could be..."  I am so thankful that I know about this musician.  His melodies are so hypnotic and I can't get enough.  I love his music more and more every time I hear it and I find myself actually "needing" it sometimes.  It's so calming and it keeps me connected when I start to feel disconnected from the world.  There are so many amazing musicians in this world and I am 100% sure that Gregory Alan Isakov is among my top favorites.  I would be lost without his music. 

All of these artists provide a priceless gift to anyone that listens to their music.  I almost feel that you should have to earn the privilege to listen to them.  And when you do....you will never be the same.

: ) Folkmusicgirl

1 comment:

  1. YAY! You need to update regularly :) I would love to read your blog! and you know I'm a fan of James Taylor, Dixie Chicks, Patty Griffin, and Counting Crows! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete