Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Pinstripes and Lullabies....

Sometimes I still can't believe that my little sister is a mom.  She's a mom.  The little girl who used to drink her bottle full of kool aid every Saturday morning with me when we were little.  The little sneak that used to spy on me and my boyfriend kissing in 8th grade.  Well, that little brat is an incredible mom. 

She is about to have her 2nd baby...another little boy!  I'm so excited and can't wait to become and auntie again!  Brady is going to be a big brother and I can't think of anything cuter than that.  It's so fun watching him grow up and learn so much from his mom and dad.  They are truly amazing parents and I can't wait until they are a family of 4! 

On Saturday, my mom and my sister, Bri, threw Ginger a sports themed baby shower!  The rules were to wear something representing your favorite sports team and all of the decorations and food were extra sporty!  We were worried for weeks and weeks that it wouldn't come together....and let me just say, were we ever wrong!  It came out great!  My mom made a homemade sports flag banner and Bri bought tons of sports helium balloons that filled the living room.  She also mixed in some "It's a Boy" balloons and the curly ribbon flowed down from the ceiling and made the party area extra festive!  I hung clothes lines and attached baby baseball socks, onesies and bibs from mini clothes pins.  I must admit...it was adorable! 

The food was genius!  We had a hot dog and nacho bar, just as if we were at the ball field.  And for a sweet treat...I made sports themed peanut butter chocolate and cherry chip cupcakes!   My mom put together party favors that came in a classic ball park popcorn bag.  Inside, our guests found peanuts, cracker jacks and red licorice! 

We kept it very simple and played a couple cute games.  After our "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" lyric challenge, Ginger opened all her beautiful gifts.  It was a great day, spent with such special people.  Here are some pictures of the party!


My mom's awesome flag banner!


The clothes line I made!


Here's another clothes line!

Party favors!








Chocolate Peanut Butter cupcakes and Cherry Chip cupcakes!


Cutie preggie!

I just loved her sports outfit!


Her husband and son came to see the decorations before the party!

Sweet gals!  Victoria, Sherry and Julia...

Some VIP guests!  Barb, Sonna and Sally!

Best dressed....baby Emma!!




Ginger and her best friend of 20 years...Robin! 

My favorite Sally's in the whole world!!

She got such wonderful gifts!!


Go Cubs!


All of our wonderful guests!!
 
Two of my favorite gals....Rachel and Peggy!


And...of course we couldn't let baby brother have all the gifts!  Brady got some, too!

2 comments:

  1. Baby Brysen was born a healthy baby boy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww came out so great! Can't believe the precious little guy is 9 months already!

    ReplyDelete