Sunday, September 6, 2015

In Search of Treasures...

One of my favorite things to do is "treasure" shopping, as my sister Ginger and I call it.  We love to hit up yard sales in search for these treasures.  For me, it's vintage or antique items that I am usually looking for.  If I come across a jar or bag of old buttons or a vintage copy of Pride and Prejudice, then the 5:30 am start is always well worth it!  For Ginger, it's usually fun toys for her kids. or items she knows she can list on eBay.  We have a blast on these early morning adventures.  On this particular day, we brought my two friends, Jodi and Christina along as well.  We all had such a great time.  

After yard sales, we decided to go to one of our local antique shops that a lady runs out of her house.  It's filled with so many beautiful things.  I fell absolutely in love with a mini, antique roll-top desk and made the decision to purchase it, with plenty of encouragement from my sister and friends.  I'm so glad I got it.  It's so vintage, charming and exactly what I wanted.  I also picked up an antique, gold and teal teapot.  When I look at pieces like these, I'm filled with happiness as they fulfill more than just a shopping urge.  It's like they take me to another place and remind me that beauty is found in the imperfections and in the history of something.  The stories these items tell and feelings that they bring are priceless to me.  

I can't wait until the next time we go hunting for treasures!










































No comments:

Post a Comment