Sunday, May 20, 2012

She carved out a little life of her own....

My great friend, Sarah, and her wonderful husband, Paul, just welcomed their first child to the world on May 14th!  He is so adorable and I can't wait to meet him in real life.  Little Axxel Herbert is extremely blessed to have those two as his parents.  People come along in your life, every once in a while, that just leave such an impression in your heart...and that's Sarah and Paul. 

Sarah has been such an incredible friend to me.  I've never known anyone like her.  She is so real and has the biggest heart.  She hasn't had it easy all her life and still has to work at relationships that most of us have effortlessly. It breaks my heart to think of it.  It saddens me to see her get burned by people that should love her unconditionally. There's a song that reminds me so much of Sarah...It's called "Sweet Lorraine" by Patty Griffin.  So, I will just say...."it gets harder and harder to believe in magic...when what came before you is, so very tragic"......but somehow Sarah Lu still believes...and does it with such grace.

With that said...and on the brighter side of things, I'm so glad that her and Paul found each other.  He's her family...him and Axxel.  They are two lucky guys to have been blessed with such a wonderful wife and mother.  I've also had the priveledge of getting to know Paul's two little sisters....and they are absolute delights!  I love that they love Sarah so much, too.  What a wonderful family. : )

I'm just happy for Sarah and Paul and their new baby boy, Axxel.  I've seen a few pictures, and he's absolutely precious!  I'm looking forward to the day I get to visit him.   I can't even say where I'd be after this past year, without Sarah in my life....she's the very definition of best friend.

Sarah and I...all smiles!

Here we are again.... : )

Sarah with her wonderful mother in law, Julie and two sisters in law, Alex and Crystal. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment