Saturday, July 25, 2015

Just West of Tombstone....

Flashback to October 25, 2014....

I came across these pictures the other day and thought they definitely deserved a blog post.  Last year, my mom and I attended Fairbank Day, which is about 10 miles outside of Tombstone, Arizona.  We went for a quick visit and tour, but had to leave early for our fall craft fair.  It was important to my mom that we go, and I actually ended up having a nice time!  After a short drive down a desert road, we finally arrived to find the ghost town livened up with exhibits, art booths, cowboys and live folk music by local musicians, the Earthpicks!  The old schoolhouse had been converted into a gift shop, but with the vintage desks and blackboard still displayed, it definitely maintained it's old west charm.  The story of the Fairbank Train Robbery is a great one...and instead of ruining the way it should be told, I will leave it here for you to read.  The most significant part to my family, especially my mom, is that the hero in the legendary story is a distant relative of ours...He was my maternal Grandfather's great uncle, Jeff Milton.   





























No comments:

Post a Comment