Thursday, January 2, 2014

That Special Day in November...

Date:  November 4, 2013

David and I were married on November 4, 2006.  That doesn't seem that long ago...and I go back there sometimes when life gets a little hard to face.  That day was perfect.  It was filled with family, friends, love, laughter and pure joy.  Above everything else that has gone on in my life as of late....I sure love that man.  He's frustrating, irritating and kind of helpless sometimes...but I'm absolutely in love with him.  He's adorable and sweet, funny and bratty.....and cuddly and lovable.  He's my David and just like that fall day back in 2006....we spent it this year...celebrating our marriage and life together.

It's always been a dream of mine to have a romantic date in Bisbee.  Old Bisbee, at night especially, is so enchanting and we had a wonderful evening there.  We ate dinner at Cafe Roka (yum!).  It was a wonderful experience and a delicious meal.  We had delicious pumpkin-squash soup, topped with fresh cream and scallions.  Then, came the mixed green salad topped with garlic cream balsamic dressing and cherry tomatoes.  After that, the main course arrived.  I chose the macadamia, herb crusted chicken breast and garlic whipped potatoes and tons of roasted veggies.  It was absolutely scrumptious.  I've never had such a flavorful, moist piece of chicken in my life!  David had the special which was swordfish, potatoes and veggies.  And last....we split the Nutella cheesecake.  Oh. My. Goodness.  It was heavenly!  It was a creamy, chocolate-hazelnut cheesecake with chocolate-graham crust and drizzled with caramel.  Best dessert ever!

On the way home, we talked about adventures we've been on together and the years we look forward to in the future.  It was a wonderful night.



1 comment: