Wednesday, January 22, 2014

The year of burlap....

Date:  December 2013

There's not a lot of things I'm sure about.  I change my mind a lot.  I question my decisions all of the time.  But, there's one thing that's for sure.  I'm absolutely in love with my Christmas tree!  Ha!  It seems simple and not a big deal, but haven't you ever tried and tried to get things right in your life and just can't seem to do it?  I do.  I try to stay positive.  I try to keep my head up, but some days I just want to give up.  That's where little, temporary pleasures can come in and save your sanity.  I know I don't get much right....but I know I got this right.  Silly?...simple?...not a big deal?  Yes.  But, it puts a smile on my face every time I look at it, so that's pretty big to me.

My Christmas tree is a county/primitive style tree.  It's wrapped in red and white lights, quilted yoyo garland (alternating plaid, gingham, polka dot and Americana prints) and covered in big, red and cream colored gingham and plaid bows.  The ornaments range from sentimental, hand painted ones from San Francisco, Nashville and Disneyworld to the folk style, fabric hearts and stockings that are spread throughout.  It's not topped with an angel or star...but with a handmade, rustic Santa.  This year, I added something different.  Burlap!  I draped thick, long pieces of burlap down the front, back and sides.  I bunched it in places and let it add such character to my folksy tree.  I wish I could leave it up all year round. :)

















1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous. That's what Christmas trees are for, to bring joy to the beholder.

    ReplyDelete