Sunday, July 21, 2013

Bisbee Pride....

I love Bisbee.  Not only is it an artsy, free-spirited little town just 25 miles from where I live, but it's also where my parents grew up.  Since I was a little girl, my mom would tell us such charming little stories about her childhood, during our many car rides to Bisbee.  To this day, I love hearing those nostalgic stories and just being in Bisbee makes me feel like I've stepped back in time to those days and the vivid pictures my mom paints in my mind come to life while I'm there.  It's so vintage and organic and the permissive atmosphere is just a wonderful breath of fresh air. 

Last month, Bisbee celebrated Gay Pride week.  They had a little art fair and other various festivities in celebration.  My mom and sister, Ginger and I decided to head down there for the arts and crafts fair day.  We had such a great time.  We purchased organic granola, beads, a vintage wood piece for my craft room and a few other artsy finds.  Next, we had lunch at Screaming Banshee Pizza.  That place is fantastic!!  It's absolutely the best pizza I've ever had and definitely my favorite place to eat!  After pizza, we went across the road to the High Desert Cafe for dessert!  We had milkshakes and they were seriously scrumptious.  I had a mocha latte shake.  It was decadent!! Yum!!  It was such a great Saturday and I was able to snap a few pictures. 












This used to be my Dad's house!!  He grew up here with his family.  It's changed a lot, but I love it!!


2 comments:

  1. Bisbee was a great place to grow up. I was blessed with such a wonderful childhood. I'm glad my kids have also seen it's beauty and feel at home there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could visit and photograph bisbee more often!

    ReplyDelete