Sunday, July 21, 2013

Celebrating Years 1 and 34...

For the last 2 years, my husband David has spent his birthdays in the hospital.  This year was different!  About a week before his 34th birthday, we celebrated the 1 year anniversary of his liver transplant.  What a year it has been, too.  On May 26, 2012, in San Francisco, California, we got the call that saved his life.  Early in the morning on May 27, 2012...his life was saved!  The next few weeks after that are still vivid in my mind.  From the scary images of him being rolled down the ICU halls, to the night I prayed so hard for his life.  He hasn't been the easiest person to be around...but I sure do love him. 

I decided to throw him a celebration of his 1st year.  Our house is not even 1000 square feet, but I decided to have everyone over anyways.  My family and good friend Maria all came over.  We had garlic chicken pasta, garlic bread and salad for dinner and fluffy peanut butter bars for dessert.  I pulled it off...and I think everyone had a nice time.  Here are some pictures I took from the day.





Brady helped his Uncle Beans (David) send balloons to the sky....



My precious nephew Brysen showing some love to the hostess! :)
 About a week later on June 6th, David turned 34.  We had a really fun night at my parent's house.  We did a burrito bar and it was really good!  After dinner and ice cream cake, we played cards all night.  Family game nights are the best!  Here are a few pics of my handsome husband on his special day. :)









Brady and mommy baked Uncle Beans his favorite cookies!

A handsome 34. :)

2 comments:

  1. You're a sweet wife.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something to celebrate and be thankful for! I agree with anonymous! David is a lucky man!

    ReplyDelete