Sunday, June 7, 2015

Before Your Time....

Life isn't perfect and it isn't always fair.  Although there are so many blessings around all of us everyday, I do often wonder why some things happen.  I wouldn't want to miss an ounce of this life and what a shame it would be to grow old before your time.  Sometimes I feel like it's happening to my husband...and I wish it wouldn't.   I believe that a lot of it is out of his control, but even after all that's happened and that continues to go on....I want him to believe that he deserves to be happy and healthy...and live every moment as they happen and not as if it's a moment closer to the end. 

___________________________________________________________________



When I was a younger man looking for my pot of gold...
Everywhere I turned the doors were closing.
It took every ounce of faith I had to keep on keeping on...
And still I felt like I was only losing.

I refused then like I do now, to let anybody tie me down...
And I lost a few good friends along the way.
Looking back, I see a kid who was just afraid.
Hungry....and old before his time.

Through the years I've known my share of broken hearted fools...
And those who couldn't choose a path worth taking.
There's nothing in the world so sad as talking to a man...
Who never knew his life was his for making.

Ain't it about time you realize... it's not worth keeping score?
You win some, you lose some and you let it go.
What's the use of stacking on every failure...another stone?
Until you find you've spent your whole damn life building walls.
Lonely.....and old before your time.

It took so long to see that truth was all around me.
Now the wren has gone to roost and the sky is turning gold...
And like the sky my soul is also turning.
Turning from the past, at last and all I've left behind.
Could it be that I am finally learning?
Learning I'm deserving of love and the peaceful heart.
I won't tear myself apart no more for trying.
I'm tired of lying to myself, trying to buy what can't be bought.
It's not living that you're doing if it feels like dying.
Crying.... growing old before your time.




2 comments:

  1. Amber, your David is so blessed to have you as his wife. He couldn't ever find a more dedicated, loving person to share his life. Love you.

    ReplyDelete