Saturday, March 14, 2015

Autumn is Falling Down Again..

Flashback to September 21, 2014


You can always count on this blog for some Apple Annie's posts.  It's my favorite place to go.  It's a tradition among my mom and sisters and I.  We love going every summer and every fall.  We have even started going in the Spring for their Easter egg hunt.  

Fall is my favorite time of the year.  The air is crisp and when it hits my face, I'm consumed with hope and happiness.  Food tastes better in fall, too.  Scrumptious blends of cinnamon and spices, creamy pumpkin pie, hot app cider, sweet corn and butternut squash....it's no wonder why I can't get enough of Autumn!  

This trip to Apple Annie's was wonderful, as always.  We were sad that Bri wasn't able to go with us, but we made the best of it.  After fluffy apple pancakes and fresh applewood smoked sausage, we browsed the cute little craft fair.  We never buy much, but there's just something about seeing pop-up canopies housing tables of local art....it's infectious.  The artists are always a bit quirky and unique...and while a lot of the items are questionable....Apple Annie's would never be the same without them.   After the craft booths, we fill big bags of granny smith apples from the huge crates.  We use them for pies, tarts, applesauce....and snacking!  They are the most delicious apples ever!  So tart and sweet!

We love to browse the gift shop and bakery and always enter the apple pie raffle.  It's tradition.  Then, after the apple farm...we head to the produce and pumpkin farm for fresh corn, veggies and roasted green chiles!  

To end our blissful day....we ate lunch in Benson at the best Mexican restaurant ever, Magaly's!  They have fantastic tortilla soup and chili rellenos.  

On the ride home this year, I reflected on how lucky I am to be able to experience such a wonderful tradition with my favorite people.  I hope we never stop going to Apple Annie's...it is my favorite place to be, after all. 































No comments:

Post a Comment