Saturday, March 14, 2015

Best. Weekend. Ever.

Flashback to October 3, 2014

My mom and I had the most amazing, crafty, fun-filled weekend ever!  I had come across something on Facebook advertising that the Scrapbook Expo would be in Mesa, Arizona for the weekend of October 3rd.  I was overwhelmed with excitement and asked my mom if she'd go with me and she agreed!  We decided to make it our own little crafty weekend excursion.  

The Scrapbook Expo itself was INCREDIBLE!  It was my dream realized.  My mom and I had a blast.  She isn't into the paper crafts like I am, but she was so supportive of my crazed obsession while we were there.  We did a couple "make and takes," which were so fun.  There's a picture below of the burlap sacks we made at the Mon Ami Gabby booth.  

There was paper...everywhere!  I dug through bins and bins of open stock paper, finding Graphic 45, October Afternoon and Authentique papers that I couldn't live without!  There were dozens of booths with all the latest stamps, paper, embellishments, tools, ribbon, lace, and much, much more.  It was an amazing experience that I will never ever forget.

My mom and I knew that half of our fun would be EATING.  We definitely had lots of delicious food over the entire weekend.  We also went shopping at every craft store in our paths.  hahaha...I'm telling you...it was a DREAM WEEKEND!  Our hotel room was super nice and we made it into our own little crop venue.  My mom brought her sewing machine and I brought my paper crafts.  It's something we would NEVER be able to do with our husbands.  It was an unforgettable weekend, doing what I love with my favorite person in the world. 













































No comments:

Post a Comment