Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The Sound of Music.....

My favorite movie is The Sound of Music.  I love this movie.  I first saw it when I was very young and my mom rented it for us kids to watch.  We absolutely loved it!  It's a wonderful musical and such a classic film.  As I got older, I really came to appreciate the storyline and the aching romance between the 2 lead characters.  I know most people have seen it....and I hope they appreciate it the way I do.  Every time I watch it, it reminds me of my childhood when my brother and sister and I used to put on concerts for my parents, just like the Von Trapp kids did and....it reminds me of my mom and and how she made sure that we experienced all the classic movies that she did...and....it reminds me of when my brother and sisters and I got a little older, but still continued to quote scenes and phrases from the movie (and still do to this day)....and last, but not least, it reminds me that music can absolutely fill your heart with love and happiness.

1 comment: