Sunday, February 6, 2011

My loves.

Five Things I Couldn't Possible Live Without

1.  My Family:  They are my world!

2.  My Friends:  There are some very special people in my life that, even though we aren't technically related, I will always consider to be my family.  I've known some of them for years...and some came along later in my life, but I have to say that they bring my life happiness and I am proud to know them all.

3.  Patty Griffin Music:  This might sound stupid to some people...but her music literally gets me through the day sometimes.  Her melodies and lyrics make me feel calm and remind me that everything is going to be ok.

4.  My Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer:  I know it's silly, but baking makes me happy...and my Kitchen Aid mixer is the greatest item to possess when you are running a small cupcake business!!  It's the handiest tool in my kitchen!!  I love it and wish I had one in every color!

5.  Food Network:  I would seriously be so sad and heartbroken if Food Network was ever taken away from me!  I love my FN shows....Giada, Barefoot Contessa, Chopped, Paula Deen...etc.  I have been watching Food Network for 9 years now and absolutely adore it!  Yes...of course I love it because I love to cook, bake and create new recipes...but I just love how it makes me feel when I'm watching it...It gives me a warm fuzzy. : )  It's just that there's a lot of negativity in the world...and it can be scary to think about.  But, when I'm watching food network and I see that the chefs and foodies are so passionate about cooking and food and that even with all the world happening around them, the most important thing, for a moment, could be the way garlic infuses flavor into warm oil, or how the zest of a lemon adds more flavor than the juice, or how crucial it is to let steak rest before cutting into it...just the smallest, minuscule things can seem so important and that's how I know beauty and perfection can exist in this world...and it makes me not so scared anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment